Information Technology Infrastructure Library
The ITIL certification scheme provides a modular approach to the ITIL framework and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL. ITIL is the best practice for various degrees giving in-depth knowledge. The tiered structure of the qualification offers candidates flexibility related to the different disciplines and areas of ITIL and the ability to focus their studies on key areas of interest.
- Foundation Level
- Practitioner Level
- Intermediate Level
- Expert Level
- Master Level
1) Foundation Level
The Foundation exam is the entry level certification and offers you a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL service lifecycle including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
2) Practitioner Level
The ITIL Practitioner certification offers practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework to support your business objectives.
It is the next step after ITIL Foundation for professionals who have already learnt the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM).
ITIL Practitioner does not replace any of the existing ITIL certifications.
ITIL Practitioner covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives.
3) Intermediate Level
The ITIL Intermediate certifications are available to anyone who has passed the ITIL Foundation exam. It has a modular structure with each module providing a different focus on IT Service Management. You can take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as you need. The Intermediate modules go into more detail than the Foundation certification and provide an industry-recognized certification.
4) Expert Level
The ITIL Expert level certification is aimed at those who are interested in demonstrating knowledge of the ITIL Scheme in its entirety. The certificate is awarded to candidates who have achieved a range of ITIL certifications and have achieved a well-rounded, superior knowledge and skill base in ITIL Best Practices.
5) Master Level
The ITIL Master certification validates your ability to apply the principles, methods and techniques from ITIL in the workplace. To achieve the ITIL Master certification, you must be able to explain and justify how you have personally selected and applied a range of knowledge, principles, methods and techniques from ITIL and supporting management techniques, to achieve desired business outcomes in one or more practical assignments.
- ITIL provides a robust framework for identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services that can be adapted and applied to all business and organizational environments.
- The guidance covers the entire service lifecycle from the identification of business then IT requirements to designing and embedding a solution to maintain the new service through continuous review and improvement.
- Successfully adopting ITIL can help you improve services by providing ways of helping you :
- Manage business risk and service disruption or failure
- Improve and develop positive relationships with your customers by delivering efficient services that meet their needs
- Establish cost-effective systems for managing demand for your services
- Support business change whilst maintaining a stable service environment.
Please contact your examination center for the receipt of your certificate and pin. If you have taken a web proctored exam, your certificate and pin will be sent to you shortly after your official results are issued.
• You can rely on tried and tested processes of more than 20 years standing. • You will have access to many templates, checklists and documents. • You will see relatively quick results. • ITIL helps you separate administrative tasks and technical tasks so that you assign the most appropriate resources. • It helps keep costs in the organization to a minimum. • You can keep segregate non-technical staff from having to get too involved in technical support issues. • You will be able to better measure technical support performance.